You can’t go wrong with a fish pie, its one of those, throw everything in and it’ll still be delicious type meals. You could do this with just the tuna if you want! Perfect for kids as they neither see nor smell the fish and you give them a good intake of veggies along with it all. Quick and easy for those busy days, great as a winter warmer too!
What you’ll need
▪1kg potatoes (peeled and halved)
▪knob of butter
▪splash of milk
▪ 4 spring onion (chopped)
▪ 350g of fish pie mix (salmon, haddock, prawns, mussels, tuna)
▪1tsp Dijon mustard
▪ small bunch of chives (finely cut) or 1 level tbsp dried chives
▪handful frozen peas
▪grated cheddar (as much as you like)
– Preheat oven to 200C
– Place potatoes in a pot and cover them with boiled water from the kettle, on a med-high heat bring to the boil and then simmer until soft.
– Once cooked, drain & mash with a splash of milk and knob of butter. Season with salt & pepper to taste
-Meanwhile, put the butter, flour & spring onions in another pot over a medium heat till butter has melted, stirring regularly. Cook for 2 mins.
– Whisk in the milk bit by bit. Bring to the boil, stirring to avoid lumps. Cook for 4 minutes until thickened.
-Take off the heat and stir in the cheese, fish, mustard, chives & peas.
– Pour the mix into an ovenproof dish. Spoon mashed potato on top of mix and top with a sprinkle of cheese. Bake in oven for 20-30mins till golden and piping.